The Gippsland Coast Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in The Gippsland Coast Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing coast.gippsland.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in The Gippsland Coast for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in The Gippsland Coast?
The Gippsland Coast Galleries and Museums
Gippsland Coast is a beautiful region in Victoria, Australia that offers a range of galleries, museums, and historical venues. Here are some of the top places to visit:
1. Gecko Studio Gallery - This gallery showcases both local and international artworks, ranging from paintings to sculptures. It is located in Fish Creek and is open every day except Monday.
2. The Long Gallery - Located in Sale, this gallery focuses on promoting the work of Gippsland artists. It is open Tuesday to Saturday and displays a range of contemporary artworks.
3. ArtSpace Wonthaggi - This community-run gallery displays a range of artworks, including paintings and photographs. It is located in Wonthaggi and is open Thursday to Sunday.
1. Coal Creek Community Park and Museum - This living museum is located in Korumburra and provides an insight into the history of the Gippsland region. It includes a range of exhibits, such as a blacksmith's shop and a schoolhouse. It is open every day except Christmas Day.
2. Old Gippstown - This museum is located in Moe and includes a range of historical buildings, such as a post office and a courthouse. It is open daily from 10 am to 4 pm.
3. Gippsland Vehicle Collection - This museum showcases a range of vehicles from across the Gippsland region. It is located in Maffra and is open Wednesday to Sunday.
1. Port Albert - This small coastal town was once a busy port and now includes a range of historical buildings. Visitors can explore the restored buildings, including the Port Albert Maritime Museum. Port Albert is located approximately 220 km east of Melbourne.
2. Walhalla Goldfields Railway - This historic railway runs between Walhalla and Thompson. It offers visitors a unique way to explore the Gippsland region and learn about its gold mining history.
3. Buchan Caves - The Buchan Caves are a series of limestone caves located in the Buchan area. Visitors can explore the caves on guided tours and see the unique formations that have been created over millions of years.
Whether you are interested in art, history, or nature, there is something for everyone to enjoy in the Gippsland Coast region of Victoria.
The Gippsland Coast Galleries and Museums Articles