The Gippsland Coast Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in The Gippsland Coast. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Gippsland Coast event simply Login
Events in and around The Gippsland Coast
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in and around Gippsland Coast in Victoria, Australia
The region of Gippsland Coast is famous for its stunning beaches, national parks, and scenic drives that attract thousands of visitors each year. However, the region also boasts an impressive lineup of seasonal events that showcase its unique culture and personality. Here are some of the exciting events to watch out for:
1. Bairnsdale Fun Park – Located in the heart of Bairnsdale, the Bairnsdale Fun Park is an exciting destination for families looking for thrilling summer activities. From go-karting to mini-golf, laser-tagging and more, you can find different fun activities to keep you and your family entertained.
2. Philipp Island Grand Prix – The Philipp Island Grand Prix is a must-visit event for all motorsport enthusiasts. Taking place every January, the event is a high-speed spectacle of motorbikes, superbikes, and sidecars racing through the island's picturesque tracks.
3. Lakes Entrance Fishing Classic – The Lakes Entrance Fishing Classic is a popular summer event that attracts anglers from across the country to Lakes Entrance. Participants compete for a prize pool of over $40,000 by catching the biggest and heaviest fish.
1. Yarram Agricultural Show – The Yarram Agricultural Show is an annual event that has been running since 1888 and is the oldest agricultural show in Gippsland. Held in March, the show features a range of exciting events such as livestock competitions, horse riding, and other country-style activities.
2. Port Welshpool Fishing Frenzy – The Port Welshpool Fishing Frenzy is an exciting angling competition held in April. With a prize pool of over $20,000, the event attracts anglers from all over Victoria and beyond.
3. Prom Country Cheese Festival – The Prom Country Cheese Festival is an annual event held in May that celebrates all things cheese. Held in Korumburra, the festival features cheese tastings, cooking demonstrations, and other cheese-related activities.
1. Mt. Baw Baw Snowfest – The Mt. Baw Baw Snowfest is an exciting winter event that offers a range of winter activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and tobogganing. The event also features live music, food, and drinks to keep you entertained throughout the day.
2. Walhalla Winterfest – The Walhalla Winterfest is an annual event held in June that celebrates the town's rich mining history. The event features a range of activities such as gold-panning, tours of the old mines, and exhibitions showcasing the town's history.
3. Phillip Island Nature Parks Winter Discovery – The Phillip Island Nature Parks Winter Discovery is an exciting winter event that allows visitors to experience Phillip Island's wildlife in a unique way. Taking place from May to September, the event features guided tours of the island's penguin colony and other natural attractions.
1. Australian Petanque Championships – The Australian Petanque Championships is an annual event held in October. The event sees participants from across the country compete in the traditional French game of petanque.
2. Loch Food & Wine Festival – The Loch Food & Wine Festival is an exciting spring event that celebrates the region's local produce and wine. The festival features a range of activities such as wine tastings, cooking demonstrations, and live music.
3. Marley Point Overnight Yacht Race – The Marley Point Overnight Yacht Race is a challenging sailing event that takes place in November. The race covers a distance of 161km, starting from Lake Wellington and finishing in Marley Point.
Gippsland Coast has a variety of exciting and fun events throughout the year. From skiing in winter to fishing in summer, there is always something going on. Make sure to check out the events mentioned above and experience the unique culture and personality of Gippsland Coast.
For more information on the events mentioned above, contact the Gippsland Coast Regional Tourism Board:
Phone: 1300 133 436